A bra is one of the most important things in a woman’s wardrobe; a good bra makes all the difference in the world. Not only does it ensure that your breasts have the right amount of support necessary, but it can also make or break an outfit. There are a lot of women, myself included, who have been disheartened by the prices that accompany good lingerie sometimes, and in those situations, we often choose to settle for something that might not be what we exactly need, but buy anyway, simply because it is the less expensive option. And while we might think that such a compromise might not be such a bad idea, let me tell you, a bra is an investment that will pay off in the long run. The reason that some lingerie brands are more expensive than others is because of the amount of research and materials that go into the production of the same. By spending a little bit extra on one purchase, you’re ensuring that your breasts have good support throughout. In the interest of keeping you better informed, we’ve compiled a list of bra brands in the country that women swear by, and if you haven’t given these brands a chance yet, you definitely should check them out!
- B’witch: B’witch has a variety of choices for the contemporary Indian woman. Their styles cover a variety of functional and aesthetic purposes, and are youthful, flirty and seductive. This brand gives you the option of going beyond the regular everyday bra, if you’re looking to be a little more experimental. They understand that lingerie is more than just a piece of garment, and would like to offer every woman the chance to feel comfortable and sexy in her own skin. They believe that every woman should have an opportunity to reflect her individual attitude and lifestyle choices, through their extensive range of products; a style for every mood, thought and occasion that not only compliments the outfit but also accentuates her form.
- Enamor: This brand was the product of a collaboration between Gokaldas PVT LTD and Barbara of Paris, and was launched in 2003. During that time, they noticed that there was a lack of lingerie available to the women of the upper classes of Indian society, and in an attempt to fill that void, Enamor was launched. They want to cater to the Indian woman that is constantly on the move, and one that is not afraid to reach out for what she wants. What Enamor really delivers on is the variety; most lingerie stores do not accommodate a range of sizes, but Enamor offers bras between 32B to 42DD! So if you’re looking for a size that isn’t available elsewhere, we would definitely recommend Enamor.
- Pretty Secrets: This is a relatively new brand on the scene, but one that is picking up the pace to establish itself as one of India’s premier lingerie destinations. They cover a wide range of inner wear, from bras and panties to sleepwear and shape-wear. Their designs are cute, trendy and flirty, and seem to cater to the needs of the younger, more experimental Indian woman. And what’s more, they’re a lot more affordable compared to the other brands out there, without scrimping on the quality!
One of India’s most loved brands, Amante truly delivers on its tagline: love yourself. At Amante, they strive to provide the best fabrics in tune with the lingerie trends of today. Their styles are classy, elegant and simple, and truly make one feel beautiful. Though originally not an Indian brand, they are owned by one of South Asia’s largest suppliers and distributors, and are currently found across 40 cities in India.
- Triumph: Originally a German underwear brand that was founded in 1886! For over a century now, they have been manufacturing and supplying inner-wear to people across the world. They can be found in over 50 countries worldwide. They have had the time to build the brand as one that can be trusted, and they continue to deliver on their promise of quality. It was established in India in 2002, and has stayed a favorite since. It also helps that the lingerie from this brand is on the slightly inexpensive side, making it an affordable option for a lot of Indian women, who do not have the spending capacity to do more.
- Jockey:India’s most loved bra. Every woman, at some point in her life has owned a jockey bra, and most of us will still have a piece in the cupboard. Their bras serve a very functional purpose, and they do a very good job at that. They might not be the fanciest or the most stylish bras that you’ve seen, but they more than make up for than in comfort. Originally an American company, they have found a good audience in the Indian market, and continue to please women of all ages with their variety of inner-wear.
- Daisy Dee:This brand has a loyal following among the women who find other brands too expensive. Their affordable and functional designs have earned them a spot on this list. Daisy Dee is owned by the same company that also owns the other lingerie brand, Lovable, and is one of their flagship brands. They have a variety of styles, and their bras are designed to complement every outfit, right from a saree to a t-shirt.
- Hanes: Established in 1901, this American brand has been selling comfort for over a century. It caters to both men and women, and their inner-wear is one of the comfiest ones around! This brand also features some very versatile active-wear, that is often a staple in the Indian woman’s life. You can’t go wrong with these guys!
- Zivame:One of the foremost names in the lingerie business over the past few years; from being an online aggregator to launching their own brand and opening offline stores around the country, Zivame has certainly made a name for itself. They feature a wide variety of styles and sizes, and offer things other than underwear as well. They truly are a one-stop shop for all intimate wear.
- Lovable:This brand is extremely affordable, and is a popular choice amongst women in India. Their fabrics are extremely durable and comfortable, and are good for everyday use. This brand was launched in 1987, and has been catering to the needs of the Indian woman ever since.